ARCHITECT AFTER 12TH
NATA ENTRANCE EXAM
After 12th exams, if you searching for choosing a career options after 12th than career of an Architect after 12th is hot career choices due to boom in infrastructure projects and growing demand of housing both in rural and urban area equally. An Architect job is to design the buildings and planning the layout of its complete structure and supervise the construction of building. An Architect designs buildings, home, Apartments and housing colonies, Hospitals and hotels, Offices and industrial complexes, shopping malls and commercial complexes, Stadiums, Airports and many types of different structures. An Architect also gives its professional advice and services for how to remodeling of old, ancient and present structures too.
Eligibility to become an Architect After 12th : To become an architect after 12th one must have passed 10+2 with 50% marks or its equivalent examination with math as one of the study subject and he has cleared the NATA (National Aptitude Test in Architecture), an entrance exam for admission in B.Arch courses.
NATA Entrance Exam for Admission in B.Arch courses : Candidates desirous to get admission in B.Arch courses in different institutes and colleges, has must have qualify NATA ENTRANCE EXAM (National Aptitude Test in Architecture) This test measures the candidate critical thinking ability skills, drawing and observation skills, aesthetic sensitivity and sense of proportion skills related to that specific field of study of Architecture. NATA scores by prospective applicants are used in admissions to colleges of Architecture, Government school, Govt aided & unaided schools, private institutions. After completion of 5 years B.Arch degree course, you can join as an Architect in many relevant firms subject to get qualified in all the stages of particular firm recruitment process. For more details of NATA: http://www.nata.in
NATA Entrance Exam Pattern OR Syllabus of NATA: The aptitude test of NATA Entrance Exam comprises of mainly two sections : The first section is paper based Drawing Test for 2 hours duration and second section is computer based Aesthetic Sensitivity test for 1 hours duration.
Drawing Test This test is a 2 hours duration exam where candidate has to attempt 2 questions and one of the questions has 2 sub questions.
The Drawing Aptitude Test judged the following aspects: –
1 Determine Ability to sketch a given object proportionately and rendering the same object in visually appealing manner.
2. Visualizing, and drawing the effects of Light on the object, and shadows cast on its surroundings.
3. Sense of the perspective sketch drawing.
4. Composing and Combining given 3 dimensional elements to form the building or structural form.
5. Creating 2 dimensional composition using the given shapes and forms.
6. Creating visual harmony using multiple colors in given composition.
7. Understanding of proportions and scale.
8. Drawing the objects from memory through pencil sketch on different themes from daily experiences.
Aesthetic Sensitivity Test
1. This is computer based test of 1 hour duration where candidate has to answer the 40 MCQ (Multiple Choice Questions)
2. The aesthetic sensitivity test measures the observation and imagination, perception, communication and creativity along with Architectural awareness which comprises of –
3. Visualizing the 3 dimensional objects from 2 dimensional drawings.
4. Visualizing the different sides of 3 dimensional objects.
5. Identifying the commonly used objects and materials based on their textural qualities.
6. Architectural awareness, Mental ability, Imaginative comprehension, Imaginative expression and Analytical reasoning.
Those who wants to score well in NATA ENTRANCE EXAM should carefully attemt the Drawing Test as this Test is evaluated by a panel of 3 evaluators.
Architect skills and jobs possibilities: A successful Architect must have the skill of creativeness and has ability to ascertain the facts for making the beautiful structure. He must be well versed in making the Drawing and creating the beautiful design. He also have the knowledge of Real estate. Youngsters who are interested in, to become an Architect shall attain the specialty and skills in Town Planning, Industrial design, Landscape Architecture, Urban design, Transport planning, Environmental Planning and Disaster Management through Post Graduate courses after B.Arch. An Architect has always an ample of job opportunities in developing economies and growing demand in housing, infrastructure and modernisation of rural area.
Pay Packages of an Architect : An Architect is mainly depends on his speciality and nature of job. A fresher from Architecture college may got a salary of Rs 15000/- starting pay package in small cities and Rs 25000/- in bigger and metro cities. Experience and skills in this field will get you handsome salary package of Rs 40000/- and more after 2 to 3 years span of time. In other countries, an architect may get $4000 to $5000 salary per month subject to terms and conditions.
TOP 10 Institutes for Architect courses :- These are the top 10 institutes for architect degree course :-
1. Yojna aivam Vastukal Mahavidhyalaya (School of Planning and Architecture) New Delhi, for admission, Architect courses offered, Guidance, prospectus and other details, click www.spa.ac.in
2. CEPT University(Centre for Environmental Planning & Technology), Gujrat, for admission, Architect courses offered, Guidance, prospectus and other details, click http://www.cept.in/
3. Sir JJ college of Architecture, Mumbai, Maharashtra, for admission, Architect courses offered, Guidance, prospectus and other details, click http://www.sirjjarchitecture.org
4. CCA (Chandigarh College of Architecture), Chandigarh, for admission, Architect courses offered, Guidance, prospectus and other details, click http://cca.nic.in/
5. Department of Architecture, IIT Roorkee, for admission, courses offered, Guidance, prospectus and other details, click http://www.iitr.ac.in
6. Department of Architecture, IIT, Kharagpur for admission, Architect courses offered, Guidance, prospectus and other details, click http://arpiitkgp.in/
7. Department of Architecture, NIT, Tiruchirapalli, for admission, Architect courses offered, Guidance, prospectus and other details, click http://www.nitt.edu
8. Dept of Architecture, BIT Mesra, Ranchi, for admission, Architect courses offered, Guidance, prospectus and other details, click http://www.bitmesra.ac.in
9. Faculty of Architecture and Ekistics, Jamia Millia, New Delhi, for admission, Architect courses offered, Guidance, prospectus and other details, click http://jmi.ac.in
10. SSAA (Sushant School of Art and Architecture), Gurgaon for admission, courses offered, Guidance, prospectus and other details,click http://sushantschool.org